Thursday, January 8, 2009

Happy Holidays

We had an eventful holiday season this year, traveling to spend time with our families and friends! Thanksgiving was like the movie Groundhog's Day for us, seeing we had three rounds of it. I won't complain though as it is one of my favorite holidays. I mean what's not to love; Turkey, Mama Geiger's stuffing, pumpkin pie, and my B-Day =)

Shaun headed home to Ohio for an early Turkey Day celebration with his Mom and John. Notice he strategically planned this with a home Brown's game so he could party with all of his Ohio Boys. Then we spent Thanksgiving Thursday with the Geiger Family and had our traditional ping pong battle. Only this year, Shaun found his opportunity to win by challenging Maggie (5) and Annie (3) to the table. I'm sure the tables will turn soon enough! Then we headed down to Kentucky to spend some quality time with the Johnson side. The best part is you never have to leave the house to have fun, their basement includes all of life's necessities - bar, pool table, air hockey, movie theater room, seriously what more to you need! They were able to pry me from the house to tackle my first Black Friday shopping experience and I have to say not nearly as insane as I had expected.


So I'm one of the lucky ones that gets to celebrate their birthday on Thanksgiving every seven years, I actually entered the world on Thanksgiving Day hence my love for Pumpkin Pie!!! This year my birthday was just as eventful as my wonderful hubby surprised me with a weekend trip to NYC to see one of my favorite musicians, Michael Buble, and couples, the Erikssons. There is nothing quite as spectacular as New York City at Christmas time, we enjoyed playing tourist running through Central Park, shopping at Herald Square, and strolling through Rockefeller Center!




We spent our first Christmas as newlyweds here in Virginia and decorated our tree with all of the wonderful ornaments we've received to highlight the event. It was a bittersweet holiday as we lost one of our family pets, Koby. He was such a cool cat, he loved to play fetch and chase Cali around. We have so many fond memories with him and have a stocking hanging in his honor.



As if we didn't get enough time off with the holidays we had to extend the fun and take a week long vacation to Utah. We had such a blast hanging with the Richards and enjoying the scenery. Alli of course teased us the whole trip pretending she was going to crawl but that's alright because we're wrapped around her finger and think anything she does is amazing! As any mature adults would do once they put the baby to bed, we'd bust out the video games and play Wii. But it lead us to the discovery of our next American Idol, YES IT’S ME, because I scored a 98% on Rock Band as the singer! Although, I could become the next competitor on Top Chef because Sara gave me several cooking lessons while we were there too. Watch out World! Some of the highlights of our trip were touring Sundance and skiing in Park City. I was on the hunt for Robert "Bob" Redford the whole time and kept having look alike sightings...guess I'm missing my LA days =)




1 comment: