Monday, May 16, 2011

Lady of Leisure No More

I've thoroughly enjoyed the last six months of unemployment and living off my sugar daddy ;) Honestly I wasn't planning on being out of work so long but that's what you get when you move around the holidays/New Year, no one is hiring?!?! Oh well, I took full advantage of all my down time! This gave me the perfect opportunity to really explore our new city and spend time with two of my favorites, Sara and Alli ;)

But all good things must come to an end and hopefully I have a fun new adventure ahead of me! I'll tell ya, when it rains it pours. I've been on the job market for almost six months now and I get a slew of opportunities and offers all around the same time. I was literally moments away from accepting an offer when I got an email out of the blue about a dream job. A previous co-worker had recommended me to a headhunter that recruiters for the #1 Employer to work for in Austin and it wasn't just a job it was a career opportunity to start a new division for a growing start-up. The last two weeks have been a whirlwind! I was contacted on Friday, interviewed Tuesday, had 24 hours to create a 90 Day Plan and pitch my ideas to the Executive Committee on Thursday. I've never been through such a rigorous and intimidating interview process but it all worked out because on Friday I got the job!!! And get this they wanted me to start the following week, this company doesn't waste any time! I attended the All-Hands quarterly meeting last week and what an intro to the company. They rented out the Austin City Music Hall and kicked off the meeting with their own company rock band, this company ROCKS literally! So today is my first official day and my entire first week is dedicated to a scavenger hunt to get to know the company and people better. I really think I'm gonna like it here ;) Did I mention the kitchen is fully stocked and looks like a 7-11, anything and everything you could want including an endless supply of Diet Coke.

Cowby Koozie - Match Made in Heaven!New Hire Tradition - Gong In

No comments:

Post a Comment